Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Introducing . . . .




1. Tell us a little about yourself.
My name is Ashley Robinson Burke. I am twenty four years old. I just recently married a boy that has been my best friend for the past 4 1/2 years of my life. I live in Thibodaux, Louisiana where I am currently living out my dream as the owner of a small scrapbook boutique, Inspire. I have two beautiful parents who are the most amazing, encouraging, giving people that I have ever met. I have two brothers who are strong, supportive, and two of my best friends. I have some pretty rockin family and friends and feel so blessed with the people that I have surrounded myself with. I also have a little pug named Button. I am a child of a mighty God and I owe everything to Him.


2. When did you start scrapbooking?
I made my first "scrapbook" out of construction paper and markers when I was 12 years old. I made my first "sorta real" scrapbook about 5 years ago and then it just became super hardcore from there.




3. What is your style?
I'm not sure how to answer this question. My style is always changing and evolving. I think that it is a mix of vintage, shabby chic, and eclectic. My style all depends on my mood, my photos, my inspiration. That's what I love about scrapbooking, that I don't have to be in a box.



 4. When do you find time to scrap?
I usually do most of my scrapping in the middle of the night. I have always been a night owl. I don't get warmed up until about midnite and there are many mornings when I am leaving my studio at 5/6 o'clock in the morning. I go in spurts with creating though. Some weeks, I will create 3-4 times a week. There are other times when I can go 3-4 weeks without creating at all.


5. What is your favorite Pretty Little Studio product?
My fave PLS products are definately all of the vintage cutouts. I love the girl ones, the boy ones, the little people ones. They are precious and I love seeing them on my layouts/projects.


6. Where do you get your inspiration?
I get my inspiration from many different places. I love looking through decor for inspiration. I love going to home decor blogs to inspire me. I also love looking at different types of artists' blogs. I love reading about inspiring people and people who love many different types of art. It is actually rare that I turn to scrapbooking blogs/layouts/photos for inspiration. I love finding it in other things. There are also times that the picture I'm scrapping itself holds all the inspiration.




7. What is your favorite color to scrapbook?
I like scrapping with three colors. I love yellows, pinks, and turqoise shades.

8. List 5 fun facts about you.

  • I am obsessed with the show What Not To Wear.
  • Other than PLS, I love me some Sassafras.
  • I am extremely close to my godchildren. (you will see them scrapped a lot)
  • Dirty ears are my pet peeve. I clean mine like 3 times a day. (not good i know)
  • I secretly wish Jennifer Nettles from Sugarland was my BFF (love her much)

 



2 comments:

Torill said...

Fun to read about you!!!
Love to see what you create!!

Keri said...

Love your space, the mix of old and new, cute vintage inspiration here and there!
Love your style too! Great learning more about you!

Post a Comment