Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Introducing . . . .


1. Tell us a little about yourself
Christian, wife to my bestfriend, mother to six children, love the changing of seasons as Winter is magical with snow Spring with the new growth of the earth Summer with family barbecues and Fall with the glorious colors, I love vintage items, history, and relaxing with a pot of green tea.



2. When did you start scrapbooking?
I started scrapbooking in 1991 when a girlfriend pulled me kicking and screaming to a Creative memories party. I created my first layout and never looked back. I thanked her as soon as the party was over. Two years ago I started to digital scrapbook when I saw these amazing layouts in the galleries that kept drawing my attention. I thought I'd give it a try as it is always good to learn new things. Fell in love!


PLS Products: A Little Bird Told Me Digital Papers,
Little People Digital Vintage Tags



3. What is your style?
I would say my style is eclectic, I look at the photograph as see how it moves me. But in the last year the style I'm finding myself doing more and more is the clean/white space layouts. I find those are the ones that I enjoy creating the most and the ones that I enjoy sharing with my loved ones.



4. When do you find time to scrap?
I find I scrap mostly in the morning, I get up early to just be here while my children are getting ready for school. Then when they are all gone I can work on layouts without any distractions before I start the rest of the day.



PLS Products: A Little Bird Told Me Digital Papers,
Little People Digital Vintage Tags

5. What is your favorite PLS product?
I just love the digital paper packs, they have printed off so pretty! And the cutouts, I just love when I can digitally make them any size I want for cutting out for whatever project I have in mind.



6. Where to you get your inspiration?
Music moves me alot, I use lyrics in my layouts to get my feelings across when I can't find the right words. Blogs are another way I get inspiration for a layout, it might be something as simple as the way they display their craft. Or another is ads in magazines, if you look at the way they are graphically put together.



A sneak peak into Barbara's Scrap Room.
This is where she creates her Digital Layouts

This is Barbara's scrap area.



7. What is your favorite color to scrapbook?
My very favorite is whites/neutrals - grays/black. Layering the colors with different textures.



8. List 5 fun facts about you?
I love to walk...........
1. Hand in hand with my best friend
2. On the beach with waves gently hitting my feet
3. My Sokee
4. Threw fallen leaves
5. In heels

2 comments:

curlyqmosaics said...

I absolutely adore the "reach for the stars" card! Precious!

Robin Swederske said...

Wow! Barbara is a very talented designer!

Post a Comment