Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Introducing . . . .




1. Tell us a little about yourself.
My name is Jill Cornell, and I live in Windsor Heights, Iowa with my husband of almost 8 years and our nearly 2-year-old twin daughters. I have a degree and career experience in public relations and broadcasting but am now a stay-at-home mom.

2. When did you start scrapbooking?
I started scrapbooking after I was married in 2003.

3. What is your style?
I enjoy a clean design but make it shabby chic by distressing with paint and ink and adding homespun touches with my sewing machine.


 
 4. When do you find time to scrap?
I scrap sometimes during my girls' nap time or at night after they have gone to bed.

5. What is your favorite PLS product?
Tough question!!!! I love all of Pretty Little Studio's whimsical patterned paper designs but I'm finding that I also really enjoy the banner trend. And Pretty Little Studio has an awesome selection of banner die-cuts (from the traditional triangular banner to the paper ribbon to the new "Lemon Slice" half-circles)!



6. Where do you get your inspiration?
My husband, girls and family inspire me very much. I'm always documenting events and everyday moments with my camera or jotting down layout ideas. I'm always inspired by home decor, antiques and fashion trends.

7. What is your favorite color to scrapbook?
Having two girls gives me a great excuse to scrapbook with pretty pink!

8. List 5 fun facts about you?
  1. Since becoming a parent, I can't start my day without a cup of coffee. Now I understand the need for a little caffeine pick-me-up to get through the day.
  2. I can honestly say that I enjoy working out. I'm in the best shape of my life!
  3. I used to dream that my ideal job was to be the next Katie Couric. And then I interned at a news station in college and learned my chosen career was not as glamorous as I thought and I would probably be working overnight to start. No thanks!
  4. I met my now-husband at said internship so I guess something good came from that experience! :)
  5. My daughters are adopted but they look exactly like me. It's funny how God works these things out! :)

2 comments:

Barbara said...

I really enjoyed getting to know you more Jill. I really like your #5 fact!

Keri said...

You know I love your shabby-yet-clean style, Jill! It was great reading more about you too...love the layout!

Post a Comment